The bird just finished eating. Filled up, he flies up the tree and begins to sing praises to his creator for providing him food, nest and protecting him from rain, storm, and thunder. Yet the bird doesn’t know that underneath the tree, comes his enemy, the hunter, ready to shoot for his afternoon meal.
This is exactly how life on earth is when you don’t know your enemy. You may put a smile on your face every day, be kind and respectful to others, provide your family needs and be helpful when the needs arise, yet you’ve got an enemy you don’t know. Thus, be always conscious, watchful and careful where ever you step, so that you may live a happy life.
Here are 10 powerful and inspiring proverbs one should always keep in mind:
- Do not enter the path of the wicked and do not walk in the way of evil men.
2. Know this: People feed themselves with the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
3. The way of the wicked is like darkness, they do not know what makes them stumble.
4. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline.
5. My son, if sinners try to entice you, do not consent.
6. For because of a prostitute, a man is reduced to a loaf of bread, but the wife of another man preys on a precious life.
7. Say to wisdom “You are my sister and call understanding my relative.”
8. Whoever says to the wicked one “You’re righteous,” will be cursed by the people and denounced by the nations.
9. People will kiss the lips of the one replying honestly.
10. Do not boast about tomorrow, for you don’t know a day will bring.
Selected from the book of Proverbs of Solomon, the son of David and the king of Israel. There are hundreds of readers interested in religious articles like me, the reason I love Biblical articles.
There are more soul-uplifting and spiritual feeding articles in the Bible to read.