WordPress is a social platform made easy with essential tools, to make it simple and easy for the blogger and website owners. For example it has ‘Akismet’ anti-spam plugin which stops spam comments and trackbacks. Besides, WordPress has provided ‘Jetpack’ plugin that gives access to hosted features automatically.
I am completely new to WordPress, but because they made it easy and simple for bloggers to enjoy using the platform, I’m getting familiar to many things. Online and on the support platform of WordPress, there are several questions over how to change the font size to make it easy for some readers that find it difficult to read.
I painstakingly followed the instructions to increase the size of the text of the theme I’m using but all were abortive. Just as I was about to give up, I discovered how easy it was. Below is a simplest and easiest way to increase your text.
- At the top left hand corner of your blog you see ‘My Sites’ at near ‘W’, the logo of WordPress.
- Point your mouse cursor on it, then comes underneath ‘View Site, WP admin, Stats, Pages, Media, News etc.
- Under ‘LOOK AND FEEL’ click ‘Customize.’ A customizing window opens with this message ‘You are customizing ……………. (The name of your blog is written there.)
- Then follows ‘You are customizing …………….(That’s the name of the Theme you are using.)
- Point your cursor to ‘Customize’ and click. Underneath appears
Site Title and Tagline
Colors and Background
Header Image etc.
Click ‘Fonts’ when the window of the fonts widget opens, increase the size of your text the way you want it and then SAVE IT. (Don’t forget to save it. View your blog and you see how large and beautiful your articles are seen.