1. Like clouds and wind that bring no rain is a man who boasts about a gift never given.
2. If you find honey, eat only what you need, for if you eat too much, you may vomit it up.
3. Like apples of gold in silver, carvings is a word spoken at the right time.
4. Do not testify against your neighbour without grounds and do not use your lips to deceive others.
5. For the righteous one may fall seven times and he will get up again, but the wicked will be made to stumble by calamity.
6. When your enemy falls, do not rejoice and when he stumbles do not let your heart be joyful.
7. If you become discouraged in the day of distress, your strength will be meager.
8. Do not eat the food of a stingy person. Do not crave his delicacies.
9. Apply your heart to discipline and your ear to the sayings of knowledge.
10. For he like one keeping accounts. “Eat and drink,” he says to you, but he doesn’t mean it.
11. A lying witness will perish but the man who listens will testify with success.
12. Whoever stops up his ear to the cry of the lowly one will himself call and not be answered.
13. Wine is a ridiculer and alcohol is unruly. Whoever goes astray with them is not wise.
14. It is better to be poor and walk in integrity than to be stupid and speak lies.
15. The speech of the stupid one leads to quarrels and the mouth invites a beating.
17. The name of God is like a strong tower, into it the righteous one runs and receives protection.
18. Gray hair is a crown of beauty when it is found in the way of righteousness.
19. A wise son makes his father rejoice but a stupid man despises his mother.
20. The truly wise woman builds up her house, but the stupid one tears it down with her own hands.